UPS AND DOWNS

Monday, March 21, 2016


It has been said that March comes in like a lion and out like a lamb. However, this entire March has left me gasping for breath trying to keep up. The first two weeks were dominated by the final preparation and production of Mary Poppins. Millions of things would pop to the forefront of my mind during the process, and I had to mentally shut them out to deal with Monday the 14th.

My family had a joke we developed back in the craziness of the fall. We were pondering what week of the year, if any, had absolutely nothing on the calendar. We determined the third week of March. Ha.

Well, this third week of March came and went with drama of its own, and now, climatically, Monday the 21st has felt like a productive yet relaxing day. I got a job. My first real, year-round job. It's funny how God works sometimes. Getting a job was on my "March the 14th" list, and my mother and I had no clever ideas of where I should apply or what I should do. On our way to somewhere last Thursday (don't ask me where for the destination has escaped my memory entirely), we were passing this restaurant and decided to pop in and ask for an application. I returned it Saturday morning and got a phone call later that afternoon. Filled out some paperwork today, and I'll start training as a hostess next Thursday.

Just like that. God knew what I needed, and he plopped it in my lap. Direction. That is closed on Sundays. Perfect.

The Lord's blessings shine like rays of sunlight casting its glory on all things: the pleasing and the burdensome. More recently, the burdensome have seemed to outweigh the pleasing. Certain requests of prayer lie heavy on my heart as I watch the beauties of spring bloom into being. I must fight for my joy. Nehemiah encourages his readers in chapter 8 verse 10, reminding them:

"The joy of the LORD is your strength."

As weary and burdened as I am, He is here for me. Giving me joy. Giving me peace. Giving me strength. Thanks be to God!




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

BLOG ROLL

PINTEREST