DIY: HOLIDAY PLACE CARDS

Monday, November 21, 2016




I love the holiday season. November 1st hits, and all of the stupid halloween decorations disappear magically and are replaced by the excitement and anticipation of Thanksgiving, Christmas, and the New Year. 

Thanksgiving this year holds a special and unique place in my heart as this is the first time in many years that this holiday was hosted at my house. Usually, we rush into our mini van as soon as school lets out early on Wednesday and make our way to our grandparents. However, because they moved up to be near us, it is our privileged to host this year. This excitement, on top of my recent completion of Lauren Conrad's latest book Celebrate, has left me absolutely thrilled with co-hosting this quickly approaching Thanksgiving holiday.

MATERIALS: MINI GARLAND (target), TWINE, AND A NAME TAG
I have been hardcore Pinterest-ing for weeks now searching for tablescape inspiration and the perfect recipes to make this Thanksgiving the best yet. While I took my initial inspiration from Pinterest, the specifics -- though it is unbelievably simple -- are originally mine. 

I had wanted to make place cards in anticipation of Turkey Day; however, had I not seen this absolutely perfect greenery in Target a couple weeks ago, I doubt I would have pursued making them. Once I found the greenery, the rest of the idea fell into place and I got working. 

1. Establish the size of your wreath by wrapping and securing the wire at the point of your choice. This helps you achieve a standard size if you are making several place cards. 

2. Wrap the excess around a second time, pinch the point where the ends meet, and snip away the actual excess. I wrapped the greenery around a second time solely to add extra volume to the piece; it is not a necessary action.


3. Now that your wreath has been established, it's time to add the name card. Cut roughly six inch strands of twine. Secure a strand onto the wreath with a simple knot

4. This is when you'll slide the name tag onto the twine. Secure with a bow.

5. Poof! You're done! Whether you set it on top of your plates or use them as makeshift napkin rings (like me), these place cards are absolutely adorable and will complement any place setting.

Don't worry! Thanksgiving photos still to come (;

"Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever. Let them give thanks to the Lord for his unfailing love and his wonderful deeds for mankind, for he satisfies the thirsty and fills the hungry with good things." // Psalm 107: 1,8-9

xo, Alyssa

PS // November 30th


You Might Also Like

4 comments

Popular Posts

BLOG ROLL

PINTEREST