FOR HER BIRTHDAY

Wednesday, November 09, 2016

birthday girl is the one on the right (;
Today, my best friend turned eighteen. I knew that this birthday celebration had to be over-the-top in a perfectly Alexis sort of way. When I asked her what she wanted to do, the first thing she half-jokingly said was to go skydiving. Now, I love this girl to Pluto and back, but I was not about to go jump out of an airplane with her. At least not this year. 



After some contemplation, we came up with the idea to try zip-lining! A thrilling and adventurous activity that maxed at 72 ft in the air as opposed to several thousand feet, not to mention the significant price difference in our favor. Monday morning the three of us bundled up and hit the road prepared to check something else off our bucket lists. 



It could not have been a more perfect day. When you think of "leaf peeping," usually you assume that your feet are on the ground. We hadn't thought much about the timing, but soaring through a world of yellows and reds is far more exciting than simply through an overwhelming sea of green. With the blue sky and brilliant sun accentuating the scenery, our "aerial tour" could not have been more beautiful. 



 Naturally, as we progressed on the tour, the option to be more adventurous increased. Of course, we started out just holding on the handlebars and trying it out, but by the end, we each had zipped through upside-down with no hands. Talk about a memorable experience.
I am so thankful for these amazing girls and all the memories and adventures we have shared. And there have been many of them! Here's to many more, my lovelies!

xo, Alyssa



disclaimer: I did not land on my feet

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

BLOG ROLL

PINTEREST