WHO CAN?

Wednesday, April 06, 2016


Confession, I have not read a book truly for pleasure for months and months. I know, what kind of English fanatic doesn't lie down and read herself to sleep? I'll have to lay my excuse on my schoolwork and be done. Just now - literally less than a minute ago - I picked up a good ol' religious fiction paperback and read the first sentence. That's all that I read. Suddenly this flood rushed over me like embracing an old friend and I scooted under the covers in anticipation of another world.

All day today my brain was whirling with intimidating grown-up things that have suddenly dropped on my plate. By the end of April, I will have entered the world of employment, gotten my drivers license, and turned seventeen. Add SAT preparations, Prom planning, and the four outstanding papers that need to be written before the school year's end and that pretty much sums up my life right now. Reflecting on my last two days, I know I have spent too much time worrying and procrastinating and not enough time  trusting and getting things done. Not enough time breathing words of thanks to my Father who has everything under control. My life in his hands. 

And in my hands He put a book. Just an outlet to escape into characters and intriguing events. But He knew what I needed. And here I am telling you about it instead of diving into the story, but I just wanted to say this:

If our God is for us, who can stand against us? Can work or money or hard papers or even student-designed-science-experiments-turned-papers stand in the way? 

Nothing can. 

.
.
.
.
.
.

MY RELIGIOUS FICTION TOP PICKS:

Weddings by Bella Series - by Janice Thompson

The O'Malley Series - by Dee Henderson  {Personally, I don't like the prequel}

Lake Manawa Summers Series - by Lorna Seilstad

The Saddler's Legacy Series - by Rosslyn Elliot

The Maya Davis Series - by Erin Mangum

A Walk in the Park Series - by Analisa Daughtey


These are a variety of historical, modern, hilarious, and suspenseful novels. I hope you check them out and love them as much as I do! 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

BLOG ROLL

PINTEREST