LITERACY

Friday, February 12, 2016


It has come to my attention that words beautifully threaded together by people of importance tend to enrapture audiences of all stages in life. Consequently, I have decided to establish a Quoteful Collections series to be posted as many Thursday's as I am able.  Hopefully, they will satisfy your hunger for thoughts and comments and inspiration on different subjects.  If you do not have such a hunger, then I suppose you should come back another time. But today, dear readers, let us revel in words spoken about words themselves. 

.   .   .   .   . 

"When you read a book as a child, it becomes a part of your identity in a way that no other reading in your life does." // Kathleen Kelly in You've Got Mail

"Someday you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." // C. S. Lewis


"I doubt if I shall ever have time to read the book again -- there are too many new ones coming out all the time which I want to read. Yet an old book has something for me which no new book can ever have -- for at every reading the memories and atmosphere of other readings come back and I am reading old years as well as an old book." // Lucy Maud Montgomery

"I think books are like people in the sense that they will turn up in your life when you most need them." // Emma Thompson

"If you don't see the book you want on the shelf, write it." // Beverly Cleary

"So often, a visit to the bookstore has cheered me and reminded me there are good things in this world." // Vincent Van Gogh 

"I will defend the importance of bedtime stories to my last gasp." // J. K. Rowling

"I have always imagined that paradise will be a kind of library." // Jorge Louis Borges

"What a miracle it is that out of these  small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world after world. Worlds that sing to you; comfort and quiet or excite you. Books help us understand who we are and how we are to behave. They show us what community and friendship mean. They show us how to live and die." // Anne Lamott

"The book to read is not the one that thinks for you, but the one which makes you think." // Harper Lee

"Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing." // Benjamin Franklin 

"Some books you read. Some books you enjoy. But some books just swallow you up, heart and soul." // Joanne Harris

"You know you've read a good book when you turn the last page and feel a little as if you've lost a friend." // Paul Sweeny


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

BLOG ROLL

PINTEREST