A DAY ON A BOAT

Friday, June 17, 2016

MY BEST FRIEND AND I
Monday, my youth group and I drove a couple hours upstate to a large lake for a day on a boat.  As a group, we tubed; we water-skied; and we wake-boarded. Because of the large quantity of kids, we used pontoons instead of speed boats, but it was still a blast. The overwhelming amount of quality time with some of my favorite people was such a blessing.


Quality time with this lovely in the next several pictures was particularly special.  You see, she's leaving me for college in a couple of months. And as most of you regulars know, I won't even be around for one of the two months I speak of. But I can't think about that right now. Too sad. Let me tell you some things I love about her:


1. I love her loyalty. 

Our squad had been around since forever. Starting with play-dates as youngsters to cartwheeling all over the church lawn in our elementary years to having cheesy popcorn fights during chick flicks. 

CLARIFICATION: she was the one throwing popcorn and chanting "cheese-balls" as the three of us lay on the carpet holding each other and sobbing at the end of A Walk to Remember (which by the way is still my favorite). 

2. I love her laughter. 

Whether it's with me or directed at me, when she laughs we all do. Usually for lengthy periods of time as well. In this past year alone, I cannot count the laughs we've had as a group of friends. You'd find us sitting together at youth group laughing so hard we're crying while everyone else goes about their business. After so many years, they're used to us by now. However, I wouldn't be surprised if we scared away some newbies at one point or another. 

3. I love who she is becoming. 

Being friends with someone virtually from birth, you get to watch them grow. And I know she can say the same for me. We all had our difficult years, but those aren't to be forgotten. They have made us into who we are today. Every moment does. They may stay skeletons in the closet forever, but perhaps in years to come, we will be able to look back on them with fondness and see what the Lord did through them. 

"As for God, his way is perfect." // Psalm 18.30a

The future holds endless possibilities for Mackenzie. Big possibilities. I'm anxious with anticipation to see where the Lord has her even five years from now. She is meant for something big. 


So, Kenz, my desires for you as you head off to school in the fall: 

• Make your dorm look amazing. I want to see plenty of pictures if not to see it myself. 

• Utilize opportunities to grow in the Lord. Where you are headed desires for your spiritual growth and that is something to take advantage of. 

• Make special, lasting friendships. 

• Treasure every minute. Even when your eyes are plastered open with twenty cups of coffee while studying for finals. Always be thankful. 

Love you always. 

xo, Alyssa


A Post Script for the readers:

The above picture is with a dear friend and fellow blogger who is attempting to push me off the tube. She didn't succeed. 

Post, Post Script: 

In the future of EFFLORESCENCE, she may be featured. Stay tuned. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

BLOG ROLL

PINTEREST