GOALS // JUNE

Monday, June 06, 2016


The same "new beginnings" excitement hits at the beginning of June as it also does at the end of August and the first of January. New activities, new routines, new people -- excitement drips in the air. As does the humidity. Anyway, I was driven in this anticipation to come up with  a list of goals for the next month in wake of my fresh start to summer. I understand I am several days late to be posting a June goals list, though due to my schedule, it is exactly fitting. Summer vacation begins officially tomorrow! Well, today, by the hour I post this. However, my late beginnings and summer camp departure are defining the official days of my June goals to stand this coming week through the first week of July. My goals then are as follows:

1. In the morning 

I am one-hundred percent routine oriented. By the end of August, I long for the school year to begin and with it my ever-loved morning routine. Yes, even this has its faults; overall a lot of good happens during this time. But I know I can do better. 

My goal for the next  month is to truly put God first in my morning. Honestly, it is so easy to pick up your phone and spend your coffee-drinking time scrolling through Pinterest or Instagram. Nothing in itself is wrong with that; however, I personally know that these things and others cut into my time with God far more than they should. 

2. In prayer

A new facet that I would like to solidify into my morning routine is the upkeep of a prayer journal. As a writer, I better focus my thoughts and feelings when I write them down. I also stay better focused overall. I have tried this technique before have truly enjoyed it, but it hasn't ever reached standard routine level. To be honest, routine prayer is something that I have always struggled with. My goal this month is to change that through a daily prayer journal entry. 

3. In the Word

I recently discovered an online study guide to Isaiah that really caught my attention.(find it here) And my goal this month is to complete the plan. Simple as that. I have never studied the book of Isaiah as a whole, and after having read merely the first chapter, I discovered a connection to the author. We both have a love for language. As shallow as this connection may seem, I am thrilled to dive into Isaiah's depth of language and knowledge in the study of his contribution to the holy, inspired Word of God. 

I also need to read 2 Peter and 1 John. 

4. In reading

To Kill a Mockingbird by: Harper Lee
The Giver by: Lois Lowry
The Truth Seeker by: Dee Henderson {O'Malley Series #3}

5. For my health 

Goodness, do I neglect this department! Not that I eat particularly unhealthily or engage in zippo physical activity (though some might deem otherwise), but I need to step up my game in these departments. 

Food - It isn't that I overeat or consume too much sugar, I simply do not eat in enough of a routine. Especially in the summer. I cannot tell you how many days I skipped breakfast this school year simply because I drank my coffee and moved on. And last summer while nannying, I often would feed the girls and by the time I had cleaned up their mess they had finished and it was on to the next activity before I ate. There were days I did not eat until three o'clock in the afternoon. Completely my fault. Completely not okay. My goal regarding eating is to eat at a regular time EVERY DAY - breakfast, lunch, and dinner. 

Drink - Water. For goodness sake, I need to drink more water. 

Exercise - As much as I'd like to say I will commit to a thrice-a-week run, I just can't. My schedule does not allow for that routine to be developed. Not this month. However, I would love to go for more walks. (Showering is not required after a walk). I know it's lame. But, it will be less for the exercise and more for enjoying God's creation and getting out of the house. 

6. In art 

There is this one project that I have neglected for probably over a year and I want to finish it so it is done. You'll see it when it is ;).  

7. In my wardrobe 

Another consignment trip is looming in my near future, and I cannot wait to share with you my purchases and strategies for them. 

My June goal in my closet is to purchase new (cheap) pieces to amp up my summer style. Because layering isn't really an option, I struggle with creating unique day-to-day looks during the summer months. I'm going to explore some new techniques and let you in on what I learn. 

8. In organization 

Well for starters, my room continues to be an issue. My goal is to ACTUALLY keep it clean and keep dump spaces clear. Until I start packing for camp. More on that next. 

9. In my preparations

I've got a lot to plan and prepare for my coming month at Camp, and I am going to cover all the bases. Between now and my departure, my schedule is completely packed so my goal is to prepare to the fullness of my ability and pray for completion of my preparations during the allotted time during orientation week. 

10. On the blog

It has been so fun kicking off EFFLORESCENCE! I am thrilled and one-hundred percent motivated to upkeep it for you! Posts during my four weeks of counseling will be sparse due to my absence from technology; however I plan to give you a weekly update of sorts full of funny stories, spiritual growth, and tales of wonderful friendships. 

But, let's focus on June: I want to get much more frequent about fashion posts for y'all. It is something I have such a passion for and has been so influential in my development as a person which is what this whole blog is about! 

I also would like to keep posts as regular as possible and come up with some new entry ideas including updates on the things I told you in this post I would update you on. (Better go write those down). 
.
.
.
.
Wow, so those are my ten things. I'm looking forward to see what God holds for this month and will keep you posted on His new developments in my life. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

BLOG ROLL

PINTEREST